Fourth of July Firework Cookies
Ok, let’s be serious–these are Crinkle Cookies. However, it’s almost the 4th and we are all about a celebration over here!
These are super easy and only require 4 things. A plate usually lasts less than 2 days in my house (we can blame that on my Husband).
You will need:
1 box Stars and Stripes cake mix (really, any cake mix works here)
1 container thawed Cool Whip (8 oz.)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Pretty easy for ingredients, huh? Here’s how you cook them:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease cookie sheet(s). I always use 2 cookie sheets at a time because it’s HOT where I live and I want the oven to be on as short of a time period as possible.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the egg with a whisk.
3. Add cake mix and Cool Whip.
4. Stir until moistened.
5. Form small balls with the dough and roll them in the powered sugar. The dough is super sticky. Cover your hand in powdered sugar first to help the dough not stick.
6. Place the balls on the greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they smell so good that you can’t stand it anymore. Leave them on the cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove with a spatula (sticky dough, remember?) and place on a cooling rack or plate.
That’s it! Super easy, pretty quick, and definitely delicious!
Lemon crinkle cookies really are the best, but anything sweet is good for me!Posted in Recipes